Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    The Thai food restraunt is open at the former Shannons. From talking to someone who went there today, it is quite interesting. At least 2 people quit and walked out, there was screaming across the restraunt, food was incredibly slow, and they was told it was because the cooks didn't really know how to cook it yet. They had a computer system, that nobody knew how to use yet.

    Over and under, unless there is massive improvements..2 weeks
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    Sounds like they could use some advertising too - I didn't even know there was a new place going in!
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    I was really wanting to try the place, but if it is like that then i'll have to pass. Are there any authentic thai rest. close to this area?
    crack is whack

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    Oh I knew it was opening, but I am anti-veggie, so trying strange food doesn't jive with me.

    Sounded pretty horrific from what I heard.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  5. #5
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    Gatorgirl and I went and tried it today with some friends. Didn't actually get to eat anything though, except for the tofu the lady next to us let us try and it was pretty tasty. We waited for over an hour and still had not eaten, so we decided to go somewhere else. The waitress understood and didn't charge us for our drinks she also told us they had 3 cooks and 3 servers walk out today and that was the reason for the slow service. My advice is to give it a couple weeks and then give it a try.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Monkeyhead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">\ Are there any authentic thai rest. close to this area? </div></div>

    Tommy Thai's in Kingsport. I'm not so sure how "authentic" it is though. I've never been there, but NotSoSilentBob says it's poo.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #7
    Inactive Member imported_Freddy_Krueger's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    I agree on the advertising statement this is news to me, I hate to see a business suffer in this area though (Like that) We need more places to eat) :-/ Hopefully they can work it out, (Even though I doubt i'll ever eat there)
    w00t w00t

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    Only reason I knew it was opening was bypassing the 'i dont know how to turn into a place' drivers at the Kmart intersection. Go backway, circle around behind Kmart, etc.

    Agree we need more food places, but honestly I'd rather have a place like Shannons was...not the later incarnation
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member golfgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2006
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    I tried it Saturday. The food was good when I finally got it. Obviously there were problems with their computer system. Give them some time. It will take a few weeks to get settled.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: So anybody try the new restraunt yet?

    If I remember correctly, the Italian place in Norton had the same problems when they first opened. Give them some time.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •